Huge, Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
Recipe Type: Dessert
These are without doubt my family’s favourite cookies. They are easy to make and make you wonder why you ever wasted your money on the big ones from the deli. You can substitute some of the chocolate chips for pecans or use white chocolate chips instead with macadamia nuts which is my eldest son’s preferred combination. You can even use M&Ms!
- 4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted butter, melted and browned
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 4 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a small ball, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Melt butter in a small frying pan until it turns golden. Cool slightly. Pour into a large bowl and add sugars, mixing until well blended. Add in eggs, yolks, and vanilla mixing until light and creamy. Add dry ingredients and combine just until blended. Stir in chocolate chips. Chill dough for at least 30 minutes.
- Spray a ice cream scoop or a small measuring cup and drop cookie dough, around 1/4 cup at a time, onto the prepared cookie sheets. Cookies should be at least 3 inches apart.
- Bake for around 15 minutes until only the edges are golden (the middle should look slightly underdone). Cool on baking sheets for 5-10 minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.